Tuesday, August 23, 2011

rice and beans

I know it's been forever, but I have so much going on in life now.
This is just a quick new thing. I give all credit to my guy's mom. She makes this for us all the time and I finally got the recipe out of her.

- 29 oz can of beans
- Jar of Spanish Olives (drained)
- 2 Lrg. spoons of Ricaito
- 3 Lrg. spoons of Sofrito
- 1 sm. can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of V8
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 sm. can of water
- 2 Lrg. potatoes (w/skin) cut into bite size pieces
- 1 or 2 green peppers cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pkg. Sazon
- Cover with Adobo
- Add garlic powder to taste

Put everything in one pot together.
Mix well and simmer with lid on for 1 hour.
Make as much rice as you would like just like you normally would (2 c. water to every 1 c. of rice) except that you also add a packet of Sazon to it while cooking.
Put some rice in a bowl and then spoon the 'beans' over it, ratio being your choice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment